With that out of the way, the annual NJ Fur Auction is this Sunday and once again I'll be attending the auction to buy up furs to sell here later. As planned, I'll be only buying unique or oddball colored animals at the auction and probably will be sell all of them, ones I'm keeping will not be listed. The pelts will be sent to Tubari Tannery where I should have them back around late April or early May. Here are the details you folks need to know about the pelts that will be for sale.
- All pelts are WALLHANGER QUALITY. These are not suited for any type of taxidermy at all! Even if they have everything, they are not mountable. These pelts are good for headdresses, crafts or even just a nice add to your collection.
- I WILL NOT SHIP INTERNATIONALLY. Sorry out of country folks, unless you want to pay hundreds of dollar to cover import and exporting fees, you are out of luck.
- Pelts will be posted on Etsy FIRST! If you are looking to grab some before the rest of the folks, I would check my Etsy page. Afterwards the pelts will be posted on deviantART and Tumblr.
- Tumblr followers will get a chance to see photos of the pelts BEFORE they go to the tannery, this is your chance to see if there a particular pelt you really want!
- I do not know which animals I'll get. Last year was most coyotes, this year can be anything! Also last year I scored a coyote pup, two blonde and two red coyotes to give you an idea on what I got in the unique color department.
- I probably won't be buying "cheap" pelts like I did last year, didn't make as much money so going to avoid poor quality furs sadly. There won't be any "$20 pelts" this time as far as I'm guessing.
Beside from this sale which will be in a month's time or so, I'm going to have a mini sale sometime next week. I'm doing this due to the fact I quit my second job so I'll have lesser income until I find a full time job or another part time job. This is what you need to know about that sale.
- The will be a "red fox" kit. This includes a lifesize red fox form, Tohickon Red Fox eyes (18mm) and earliners. I'm going to get the specifics on the form and liners. I prefer not to split this but will be selling this kit for a very good price! Great for you folks that want to try your hand at a lifesize project!
- Going to be selling some of my unique Tohickon eyes I've gotten over the years. I believe I'm only selling two sets unless otherwise.
- There going to be some odd ends like jewelry supplies, taxidermy supplies and even a real cow drinking horn!
- This sale will be posted on deviantART FIRST, followed by Tumblr. Items not sold within a few days will be listed on Etsy.
- There will be NO PELTS in this sale! Do not ask me if I'm selling any of my coyotes pelts or stuff, they are not for sale!
- If I do sell any animal parts, I can't ship those internationally! Unlike the future fur sale, a lot of the stuff like the fox kit, glass eyes and supplies I can ship internationally!